The Environmental Toxicology Department has a three-tiered advising system that involves the Staff Advising Associate, Faculty Advisors, and Student Peer Advisors.
1. Meet with Student Peer Advisors, Franklin Tran and Nalin Singh, for intake advising and initial development of four-year study plans as well as for the completion of basic petitions and forms for staff advising associate's review and signature. Peer advisors also provide information regarding current internship and job listings, and ETX Club events and activities.
Spring Quarter 2017 Drop-in Peer Advising is in Room 4204 Meyer Hall.
ETOX Peer Advisors
Franklin Tran (email@example.com)
Tuesday: 1 P.M - 4 P.M
Wednesday: 10 A.M - 1 P.M
Thursday: 10 P.M - 1 P.M
Friday: 12 P.M - 1 P.M
Nalin Singh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Monday: 1 P.M - 3 P.M
Tuesday: 10 A.M - 1 P.M
Wednesday: 1 P.M - 3 P.M
Thursday: 12 A.M - 3 P.M
2. Meet with the Staff Advising Associate, Susan Kancir, to review and approve academic plans; follow-up with visits to Susan at least once/year (and as needed) for any academic and administrative assistance (e.g., academic difficulty, petitions, grades, CRN#sand PTA#s, information regarding University, College and ETX major/minor requirements and policy, questions regarding course articulation, transfer credit, and course equivalency,and graduation certifications during senior year. Susan will assign a Faculty Adviser based on your interests and the workload of individual faculty.
Undergraduate Staff Advisor
Please contact Susan to set up an appointment at:
Susan Kancir's Advising Hours (by appointment via email)
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
3. Meet with your Faculty Advisor at least once a year. Faculty advisors provide in-depth information on particular areas of study. They assist students in selecting an area of emphasis, and they review and approve your Restricted Elective courses (24 units). Faculty advisors also discuss internship and career possibilities for students and in general act as a mentor for the student.
Further Advising Resources for Current Students
- Consult the General Catalog or contact the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Dean’s Office to review your General Education and English composition requirements.
- Consult the current Class Schedule and Registration Guide or contact the Registrar’s Office, for:
- Schedule of Classes
- Registration of Classes
- Last days to add and drop, opt for pass/no pass grading, unit changes for variable unit courses
- File for Graduation
- Contact Registrar’s office to file for degree candidacy
- Contact CA&ES to participate in commencement
- Contact the CA&ES Deans office for a Preliminary Degree check
- Petition for Minor
- Major Certification, meet with Susan Kancir.