Atmospheric Chemistry Postdoctoral Researcher
Department of Environmental Toxicology - UC Davis
Application review begin date: Immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Start dates: Flexible, but expected around Fall of 2017.
We are seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher with expertise in atmospheric chemistry and atmospheric instrumental analysis to join Tran Nguyen’s lab at the University of California, Davis. The project is focused on exploring chemical mechanisms of gases and aerosols in the atmosphere using an environmental simulation chamber and in-situ + offline characterization. The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation in chemistry, with an interdisciplinary skill set. The postdoc will be responsible for optimizing a photochemical chamber to run experiments under highly controlled conditions, developing instrument protocols, collecting and analyzing a variety of data, and communicating the project findings via presentations and peer-reviewed publications.
The appointment is for one-year, renewable for up to three years subject to satisfactory progress.
- A Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical/Environmental Engineering, or related field
- Experience designing, planning, and executing atmospheric chamber experiments
- Experience with atmospheric monitoring instruments
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong attention to detail, evidenced by prior research.
The following qualifications are desirable, but not required:
- Experience with scientific programming (e.g., Matlab, Labview, Python, etc.)
- Experience with mass spectrometry development, analysis, and interpretation
Salary and benefits are consistent with UC Davis policy and are commensurate with applicant experience. As reference, salary for a 1st year Postdoc is $48,216 with full benefits.
The application should include: (1) CV including publications and awards, (2) a short statement of qualifications and research interests, and (3) name and contact information for 3 references. Send all questions and materials to Tran Nguyen, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Chamber research postdoc application.”
For more information, visit: http://nguyenlab.faculty.ucdavis.edu/